ARMY BASE STEW
KOREAN ARMY BASE STEW
EASY RECIPE :
- 1 can SPAM, sliced into 8
- 8 mini Hot Dogs
- 1 package tofu
- 1 package tofu puffs, optional
- 3 king oyster mushrooms, sliced thin
- 3 small carrots, peeled
- 1-2 pieces mochi, cut into small pieces
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 package instant Rame Noodles
- 1-2 slices American Cheese
- green onions, thinly sliced
- rice, to serve, if desired
- 2 tablespoons Korean chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons Mirin
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Gochujang (Korean Chili Paste)
- freshly ground black pepper
In a shallow pot, arrange the spam, hot dogs, tofu, tofu puffs, mushrooms, carrots, and mochi. In a small bowl, mix together all of the sauce ingredients. Place in the center of the ingredients in the pot, then pour the chicken stock in, near the edge of the pot. Partially cover with the lid and bring to a boil over medium high heat, about 5-8 minutes.
Remove the lid and add the instant noodles, green onions, and cheese. Simmer until the noodles are cooked, about 2-3 minutes. At this point, bring the pot to the middle of the table where everyone can scoop out a bit of everything they like. If you have a portable burner or induction cooker, you can make the entire dish at the table, enjoying the stew as it simmers on low.
Be sure to eat the noodles first, otherwise they’ll get soggy. Enjoy the rest of the stew with rice!
GOT ANY KAHLUA ?
aka The BIG LEBOWSKI COOKBOOK
COLLECTED RECIPES of The DUDE
ABIDE in IT !